Friday 17 September 2010

Deal of a lifetime

So the Lib Dem guy who's been trying to get in touch with me finally left a message.  He's invited me to a post-lib dem conference social in our local area.  I thought it sounded reasonably okay... possibly tempting if I wasn't feeling quite so disenfranchised, but then he said what it would cost.  "£20 for a buffet (pronounced boo-fay) and a glass of wine".  And he didn't say it was a gourmet buffet either or whether it would be particularly nice wine, so I can only imagine it would end up being sausage rolls, crisps and (strictly one glass of) Blue Nun.

I'm not returning his call.  Not until children are let out of immigration detention.  If indeed they ever are.  And not if they just deport them all instead, like the proposed reception centre for unaccompanied minors in Kabul suggests they'll do.  Gee, thanks a lot Lib Dems.  You're really getting the hang of what's really involved in politics.  I'll talk again when the party does something good for all it's bullshit rhetoric.  The irony is I'd really like to be an MP one day.  Do I really have to compromise my ethics to do so?

No comments:

Post a Comment