Thursday 9 December 2010

To those of you who don't follow me on Twitter or Facebook (!)

I should mention that apart from the usual whingy stuff I put up here, yesterday I had some very good news.  I have been given a part-time lecturing post for one term, starting in January, at *precisely* the place I want to be working and on a topic that is *precisely* my area of expertise.  Lucky, lucky, lucky.

And also I get to be taking 2 weeks off over Christmas before I get started, in which time I am going to make more of exploring my city like a tourist.  I've lived here years and I swear there are newbies who know more about the city than I do.  (But do they know the really good bits?)

Anyway, it's all good, really.  The angst just comes and goes, but the fact that I don't post here very often and it's my little outlet does go to show that I don't have much to complain about.

I quit my Lib Dem membership recently, by the way.  Over the child detention issue (although the tuition fees issue is shameful, too).

Yes. Life's good.  And this weekend I get to see my lovely little nieces (and the bigger ones!) - all apart from Favourite Niece Number 3 who I get to see again in a week or two.  Gosh, she's lovely.  

4 comments:

  1. It is brilliant news about your lecturing job, and I suspect more about skill than luck. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it's actually what's known as a combination of luck and networking. I doubt it's about skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear things are going well in the Oink household this Christmas! Congratulations on the new job and I hope you enjoy the exploring, I should really do that round my city, I've never even thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Vicola, I hope you have a lovely time over Christmas too (and you Kittens!). As always, Big Boy and I are spending it alone... doing exactly what we want (a walk in Hyde Park on xmas day, beef-beef-beef-beef-beef, and Dr Who) without having to see family. It was SO the right decision when we started going it alone :) They can see us for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete